Sunday, February 14, 2010

Can we really do this???

Okay, here goes... I just spent most of the day trying to create a blog that actually looks cute. Why is that important?? Anyway, I am new to this blogging thing and I have never been good at keeping up with a journal, but I am going to give this a try anyway. We have decided to make a go of the furniture thing. I am going to combine my passion of "junking" with my passion for decorating and try to create some beautiful pieces.

The name "Saving Grace" started with the word "grace". I loved the definition... "1. Seemingly effortless beauty or charm of movement, form, or proportion. 2. A characteristic or quality pleasing for its charm or refinement." I am not the most graceful person, but there is something about pretty graceful legs on a table or chair that makes me giddy! It just seemed right.

So we have bought a few pieces to get started on. I have had so much fun looking for cheap pieces to reform!!! I am now addicted to Craigslist. No, really addicted!! I guess I have replaced Dr. Pepper with Craigslist. I HAVE to look every day. EVERYDAY!! Anyway, here are some pictures of what we have so far. There is one picture missing (my favorite piece). I will post the "Before" of that one soon, and I will post the "After" pictures of them all when they are all complete.

Say a prayer that we can get this going!!!

PS - Please pray for Trey and the Timmerman family. He has made great progress today! He actually said "Momma" today!!!! That is great news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment