Sunday, July 3, 2011

Louis Blue Bench

Hey again!  I have another great Chalk Paint makeover to show you!  We started with this cute, but plain bench.  A great couple that we met at Roundtop GAVE it to us!!  They are amazing people and were such a pleasure to get to know.  Anyway, here is the before picture... Sorry for the horrible picture, but this is the only one that I could find!!


It was a cute bench, but it desperately needed a paint job!  I decided to try the Louis Blue Chalk Paint.

We also decided to add some batting and burlap to give it a little more character.  Here she is now...



Have you tried Annie Sloan's chalk paint yet??  What colors have you tried?



Happy 4th of July!!!  I hope you are enjoying time with your family and friends!

I am linking up to the following blogs...

Transformation Thursday
Furniture Feature Fridays
PhotobucketThe Shabby Nest

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE the distressing on this piece! The color is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From your newest follower: Found you via Miss Mustard Seed. Love, love, love the Bench. I did a cute little pedestal table in Napoleon Blue and Old White. If you get a chance stop by and check it out. Also, I'm down the road from you in Cypress! Small world. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! I really like the burlap!!! what a change. I have not tried Anne Sloan's yet. I am going to order some hopefully in August:) I will probably be ordering the Paris Grey and Old white. I am your newest follower. Hope you can visit me at http://homespunhappenings-tammy.blogspot.com/2011/07/time-gone-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job on your bench. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty color! That turned out great too. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bench color and distressing look divine! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous, Love the color! I just finished my first piece and love it :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie - it's beautiful!!! I need to get me some chalk paint, pronto!! The batting and burlap was such an awesome touch! Thanks for linking this up at Saturday Social - I hope you come back next week!!

    xoxo

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how the bench turned out. I have one similar to yours and have been wanting to change it. I never thought about the padded seat, what a great idea. Did you staple the fabric and batting to the chair, how did you do that? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lesley, I have featured you on my other blog: INSPIRATIONS.

    http://cactusflowerdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/08/friday-feature-swedish-clock.html

    Again, thank you for participating in my Bunny Hop party. I hope to see you again :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean @ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
    www.BunnyJeansDecorAndMore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. ps. the links to my INSPIRATION blog do not work in Yahoo search...just too new.

    You need to go to my profile to linkd up to it.

    ReplyDelete