Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pretty Grey Buffet

Hey Guys!  I hope you are having a great week!  Mine has been a bit crazy (as usual), but we have made it through another day!  Thank you, Jesus!!  I just wanted to show you guys how the buffet turned out.  Here is the Before picture...

We got this from a very sweet lady at a garage sale at her house.  We got it for a steal!  It needed a few repairs, but overall was in good condition.  I knew as soon as I saw it that I wanted it to be painted a soft grey.  So... we sanded it down, primed it, and then painted it with some "Oops" paint that we got at Home Depot.  I scored when I found that can of paint!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color!  It is very soft and pretty.  I plan to use it again and again!!  We also decided that this piece should have quite a bit of distressing, so we went to town!!  So here is the buffet all prettied up...






I LOVE it!!  I think it turned out so pretty!!  This one is for sale!  If you are interested, let me know!!  I hope you all have a great night!! 

PS - a bit of good news...We finally sold the cream colored Waterfall dresser (see below).  Thank you, Becky!!  Love you!!

I'm linking up to....



giveaways

Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden

17 comments:

  1. WOW!!! it turned out beautifully!!! i love the gray. it's just gorgeous- you must be really happy with it. and yay for the sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just about one of my dream pieces! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the gray. What a great "oops" color.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love it. The colour is fabtabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my... you did pretty this piece up didn't you? Makes me want to paint my kitchen cabinets, but I don't have that much time for that many cabinets!!! I found you on Transformation Thursdays, I hope you'll check out my blog and see if you'd like to follow me, as I've followed you :)

    Michelle
    www.jamiesoninteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, love the soft grey color. I've done a couple pieces in grey, recently. Your buffet is stunning. Nicely done!
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. It went from dull and drab to light and airy. You have given it a beach house appeal. Great job....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this buffet! It is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for stopping by Rustic Whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Question for you - I noticed in your last post you had a dresser that was used as a TV stand. I just bought one yesterday that I was going to do that to. The spot where the drawer would have been- how did you get fill the space? I see you had a basket there- mine has the bar doing down the back that the drawer slides back... what did you do with yours? Did you put wood down so it would be flat? (I don't know if that makes sense or not.) Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  10. you did a great job the color is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to buy this! Please email at kayleymiller@gmail.com or call 832-474-4980. Thanks!
    Kayley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your buffet! It inspired me to paint a dresser and headboard that I purchased a soft, suttle gray! Check out my transformation and thanks for the inspiration!
    http://southernandshabbychic.blogspot.com/2010/12/french-country-dresser-transformation.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've just recently discovered your blog...this is a long shot, but do you still have this piece available? I have been looking for a buffet for my dining room w/ no luck since it's black and this would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love what you have done with the furniture. I have just found your blog and find that we have a lot in common. I am just finishing off renovations on our house and scouring the french markets for unloved pieces that I can paint and give a new lease of life. I was blown away by the black unit it looks fabulous. Very french chic!

    ReplyDelete