Wednesday, October 27, 2010

French Dresser turned Fabulous TV Console!!

Hey Everyone!  I hope you are having a great week!  We have gotten several new pieces done lately (which I will show you at the end of this post), and I wanted to show you one that we transformed for a client.  She was looking for a long dresser that she could use as a TV Console in her living room.  I looked and looked, but could not find the perfect dresser to paint for her.  Then I got to thinking (scary, I know)....what about the dresser in our entry way.  Remember this...

I have always loved this dresser, but the missing drawer has always bothered me.  I know that the basket was not exactly the right size and could have looked a lot better.  That was on "The To Do List" for like 3 years.  Seriously.  Oh well.  Anyway... I sent a picture of it to our client and she LOVED it!!  The empty space would work perfectly for her DVD player.  In fact, she asked us to take out another drawer for another TV component.  She also asked us to paint it black.  Yikes!  I had never painted anything bigger than a chair in black.  I was a little nervous, but it turned out great!!  Our client was very happy!! 

Here are a couple of other finished pieces...

And here is our latest purchase.  It is to be painted a soft grey tomorrow.  I can't wait to see how it turns out.  I will post "After" pictures soon.


That's all for now!  We still have several pieces that haven't sold.  See my last post and give me advice!!  PLEASE!!  I need it!!  Thanks Guys!!

I am linking up to...



Furniture Feature Fridays

10 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you do with the sidebaord. and the dresser/tvstand is awesome! and i also love that desk- the color is so pretty! i hope oyu come join my party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that dresser as a child and wish I had it now to use as a vanity in my bathroom! Can't wait to see the buffet piece, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects! Will hop over to your other post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work, that desk is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so lovely, but I super duper love the blue desk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked at a dresser like that with the same idea. It turned out great. If I can get it for the right price, maybe I'll have to copy you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great transformations!! What a great job you have, painting furniture for other people. My problem is that I don't have room in my house for new projects...:-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work! Well done. You've given me some great ideas with colours too. Can't wait to see your future projects.
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a good idea for those types of boxes. I could have never have thought of doing that.

    ReplyDelete